I received my early birthday present today. I had been using Wacom Bamboo for the past five years until it has been giving me problems. I wondered what was the difference between that and this new drawing tablet. I could immediately tell the difference when I started using it, here is a list:
- Writing on Bamboo is like writing on plastic whereas Intuos 5 has a more paper-like feel.
- I have more control over the strokes of the brush.
- There are plenty of refills for the pen nib and different nibs for different kinds of drawing.
- It has a wireless option which might come in handy in the future (of course, it needs battery).
- It has a touch option available.
- The medium size of Intuos 5 is much larger than the medium size of Bamboo. Slightly longer than an A4 but just right for travels. I only wished that the drawing interface covers most of the tablet instead of having so much extra space around the drawing interface.
- The grip of the pen feels steadier and it has much more pressure levels.
Let’s hope it lasts as long as or perhaps longer than Bamboo.