Hi guys! I have started working on a personal illustration again (after goodness knows how long haha – too busy yeah). In the meantime, what I’ve observed as a web design trend in 2014 was plenty of parallax websites.
I’m not saying they aren’t creative, it’s just that someone with a short attention span like me or just happens to have shitty internet, will not appreciate them as much and just want to get the nitty gritty details in a flash.
Hence in 2015, my prediction of web trends (to name a few) is as follows:
- Parallax websites will still increase but probably not as much hype as it was in 2014
- Simplicity is key; designs that are suitable for all screen sizes, responsive ones will be evident.
- Typography. In the past due to limited web technology, there can only be so much choices for fonts until now. Larger text too. People are complaining about their eyesight. Jokes. Google Fonts will be your best friend: https://www.google.com/fonts
- Flat designs, introduced by Microsoft, Apple and Google. This year, we will be introduced to Windows 10 which I am sure will feature more flat designs. Read more here: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/google-apple-microsoft-flat-design/
- UI animations even minor ones, anything to bring your short attention span back to them.
- Full image backgrounds. Videos for backgrounds. Or the exact opposite, nothing for backgrounds. It’s all about backgrounds.
- Hidden menus. Like a ninja but an unsuccessful one.
- Performance and speed is key here. Sometimes you can’t help it through a third party hosting though.
Here are several insie winsie examples:
The cute designs and funny title won me over.
It’s shopping. Need I to say more?
A creative play on the website link. Also, nice drawings.
I am sure there are plenty more web design trends to come, feel free to list them out.
I know my website is also due for an update (site design and projects) but I will get to that..eventually. One fine day. Haha.