This is a continuation of the sketch from this post: 16mins Sketch
After further brainstorming, I decided to change the gender, age and species to a clumsy female youngling. I wanted a challenge. Neither acknowledged by humans nor Archaeopteryx, it has to learn how to live in the dangerous world.
I guess this falls into the survival genre.
It is not easy combining two species that have anatomies from both extreme ends. The way the human joints bend are the exact opposite of how the Archaeopteryx’s joints work in various areas.
More to come…
Here is last week’s entry for the 52 Project! It is another speedpaint.
Happy Chinese New Year!
A recap of the first entry: Glamouras
3D Nano Metal Ship
Halfway there, decided to try building a 3D metal ship. You will need the proper tools to construct this as the parts are difficult to assemble with just bare hands.
Stylised version: https://ysfaye.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/3d-leviati-final/
I started learning Zbrush a week plus ago. What better way to learn than creating a 3D model at the same time?
However, there are…
THINGS YOU WISH YOU KNEW BEFORE YOU STARTED MODELLING IN ZBRUSH:
- Zbrush is a 2.5D program not 3D so for any 3D users, forget anything you ever know about 3D interfaces (well, most of it) and start anew.
- For whatever reason, you decided to play with the UI and screwed it up, use this magic trick:
- Restore default interface -> Preferences -> Config -> Restore Standard UI
- In order to not render out jagged lines, Double your document size and render it in AAHalf. Smooth lines here I come.
- CNTRL+N, CNTRL+N, CNTRL+N! Remember this, it’s going to be one of the most used shortcut. It clears the canvas for progression.
- I’ll keep you posted.
Leviati 3D Dragon
Remember the dragon I designed last year? I stopped midway but decided to finish it yesterday. Leviati is a proud and mighty dragon species.
WIPs can be found here:
Character Design/ Sketch
I am quite tired and my internet connection isn’t good today so I’ll make the description of this dragon brief.
Leviati is a hybrid between a drake, lightning dragon and dragonling. It lives high up on mountaintops inside caverns and loves to eat foxes. A graceful and intelligent creature, Leviati rarely attacks anyone unless provoked. It’s breath consists of acid and electricity.
To be continued..
This is my new character design for a 3D dragon that I have wanted to create. After some researching, asking and getting feedback from people, I have decided to create a new model from scratch for this design. I recently resumed working on this new model and the following images are the early stages:
More to come! A description of this creature will be included in the next post.