Halfway there, decided to try building a 3D metal ship. You will need the proper tools to construct this as the parts are difficult to assemble with just bare hands.
Tag Archives: 3D
5 Underrated and Overrated Animated Cartoons
Underrated (Hardly mentioned)
- Emperor’s New Groove – It’s funny, it’s nice but not many has heard of it
- The Rescuers – Animation is superb, so is the story yet not many knows this
- Wreck-It-Ralph – Heartwarming and something different
- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron – Inspirational; four-legged creatures aren’t easy to animate but this looks beautifully done
- Balto – Strong animation, motivational story.
Overrated (Seen too much hype and fan stuffs on it)
- Frozen – Sure, the animation is beautiful but the story isn’t worth the hype (or this is probably due to the singing). The story felt similar to Brave.
- Rise Of The Guardians – It felt childish, definitely not recommended for adults. Animation and graphics are great. Typically, all other guardians look like weaklings as opposed to Jack.
- Brave – all over the place and predictable story, cliche main character
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs – Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it. I just don’t think it is worth that much attention.
- Kungfu Panda – Insulting stereotype with an unappealing main character and predictable storyline.
Leviati (Realistic Version) + Learning Zbrush!
Stylised version: https://ysfaye.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/3d-leviati-final/
I started learning Zbrush a week plus ago. What better way to learn than creating a 3D model at the same time?
However, there are…
THINGS YOU WISH YOU KNEW BEFORE YOU STARTED MODELLING IN ZBRUSH:
- Zbrush is a 2.5D program not 3D so for any 3D users, forget anything you ever know about 3D interfaces (well, most of it) and start anew.
- For whatever reason, you decided to play with the UI and screwed it up, use this magic trick:
- Restore default interface -> Preferences -> Config -> Restore Standard UI
- In order to not render out jagged lines, Double your document size and render it in AAHalf. Smooth lines here I come.
- CNTRL+N, CNTRL+N, CNTRL+N! Remember this, it’s going to be one of the most used shortcut. It clears the canvas for progression.
- I’ll keep you posted.
3D Leviati (Final)
Remember the dragon I designed last year? I stopped midway but decided to finish it yesterday. Leviati is a proud and mighty dragon species.
WIPs can be found here:
Leviati 40% (3D Dragon)
Leviati at 40%.
Leviati Continuation (3D Dragon WIP)
I am quite tired and my internet connection isn’t good today so I’ll make the description of this dragon brief.
Leviati is a hybrid between a drake, lightning dragon and dragonling. It lives high up on mountaintops inside caverns and loves to eat foxes. A graceful and intelligent creature, Leviati rarely attacks anyone unless provoked. It’s breath consists of acid and electricity.
To be continued..
Leviati (3D Dragon Work In Progress)
This is my new character design for a 3D dragon that I have wanted to create. After some researching, asking and getting feedback from people, I have decided to create a new model from scratch for this design. I recently resumed working on this new model and the following images are the early stages:
More to come! A description of this creature will be included in the next post.