Below are 5 applications that can make your life easier when using a PC. Personally tried and tested 🙂
Taken with the camera Sony a6000. This city in Japan is recommended especially for people who love history and architecture.
We go back to the days when graphics are limited and we rely on good stories and gameplay to make a game enjoyable (well, not all but mostly).
Dogday This probably isn’t the best gameplay as it gets ridiculously hard (almost impossible without a walkthrough) but it featured several noteworthy features of the era. You can play an arcade game within the game and come on, who doesn’t like playing as a dog that scoops up soup for money? The dystopian and retro style graphics were also a fresh start.
Dragonriders: Chronicles of Pern This had potential to be a good game. Unfortunately, it doesn’t go any further. What stood out was the amount of interactions and how the character levels up a skill.
Anito: Defend a Land Enraged was definitely a great game although it was unfortunate that there was not much hype about it. The plot and storyline was its strong point and the depth of the main characters are enough to make you want to relate with them.
Who would’ve thought that this:
The Elder Scrolls: Arena
would eventually become this?
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
What would’ve happened if those games that had potential had soldiered on?
Sick and tired of mainstream songs?
It is about time you add more to that poppy woppy playlist! Check out these underrated but fantastically epic music composers:
Two Steps From Hell:
Have more to add to this epic music genre? State them in the comments below.
Clean 4.0 Flowers
Today is the day where the skies will be painted yellow. Check out the evolved version at my portfolio.
Porcupine Skewers Food
From a quaint place called Porcupine Skewers. Looks tasty and is tasty.
3D Nano Metal Ship
Halfway there, decided to try building a 3D metal ship. You will need the proper tools to construct this as the parts are difficult to assemble with just bare hands.
Introducing my (long overdue) revamped website for 2015!
Check it out here: www.ysfaye.com
The 5 mins sketch above is a quick study on different types of houses.
Right, I have always done quick sketches but I just realised that my definition of a quick sketch slightly differs from the generic term of what a quick sketch is:
1. A hasty or undetailed drawing or painting often made as a preliminary study.
2. A brief general account or presentation; an outline.
My definition of a quick sketch
A drawing done as quickly as possible with mistakes and all but the outline and overview of the drawing can be easily recognised and gets the message across.
Hi guys! I have started working on a personal illustration again (after goodness knows how long haha – too busy yeah). In the meantime, what I’ve observed as a web design trend in 2014 was plenty of parallax websites.
I’m not saying they aren’t creative, it’s just that someone with a short attention span like me or just happens to have shitty internet, will not appreciate them as much and just want to get the nitty gritty details in a flash.
Hence in 2015, my prediction of web trends (to name a few) is as follows:
- Parallax websites will still increase but probably not as much hype as it was in 2014
- Simplicity is key; designs that are suitable for all screen sizes, responsive ones will be evident.
- Typography. In the past due to limited web technology, there can only be so much choices for fonts until now. Larger text too. People are complaining about their eyesight. Jokes. Google Fonts will be your best friend: https://www.google.com/fonts
- Flat designs, introduced by Microsoft, Apple and Google. This year, we will be introduced to Windows 10 which I am sure will feature more flat designs. Read more here: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/google-apple-microsoft-flat-design/
- UI animations even minor ones, anything to bring your short attention span back to them.
- Full image backgrounds. Videos for backgrounds. Or the exact opposite, nothing for backgrounds. It’s all about backgrounds.
- Hidden menus. Like a ninja but an unsuccessful one.
- Performance and speed is key here. Sometimes you can’t help it through a third party hosting though.
Here are several insie winsie examples:
Ruthless Spartans vs Cuddly Hipsters
The cute designs and funny title won me over.
It’s shopping. Need I to say more?
A creative play on the website link. Also, nice drawings.
I am sure there are plenty more web design trends to come, feel free to list them out.
I know my website is also due for an update (site design and projects) but I will get to that..eventually. One fine day. Haha.