This is a continuation of the sketch from this post: 16mins Sketch
After further brainstorming, I decided to change the gender, age and species to a clumsy female youngling. I wanted a challenge. Neither acknowledged by humans nor Archaeopteryx, it has to learn how to live in the dangerous world.
I guess this falls into the survival genre.
It is not easy combining two species that have anatomies from both extreme ends. The way the human joints bend are the exact opposite of how the Archaeopteryx’s joints work in various areas.
More to come…
I’m back! 🙂
A 16 mins work-in-progress, will post more. Somehow watching Fast and Furious 8 triggered my need to draw something.
Sketch Or Paint?
Week 3’s entry for 52 Project. I wanted to sketch and paint so I decided to do both.
Piggy Bear Needle Felting
I have a new hobby, needle felting!
This piggy bear is my first attempt at it. I have yet to figure out where to get better quality wool x)
It is a good hobby for releasing stress! The process feels a bit like poking at a voodoo doll haha.
Remember this: Untitled Illustration?
I did not forget, it is now completed 🙂
This theme is inspired by the Vikings tv series (although I don’t really like watching it now)
I might update this post with an animated version of more works-in-progress.
Started drawing again! My Inquisitor from Dragonage Inquisition. I played a dwarf and an elf, so I decided to combine them into one.
It is quite a nice game but it has annoying bugs here and there.
Villainous Peter Pan
Gave myself a time limit of 30 minutes this time.
Peter Pan from a different childhood where he developed a survival instinct when he was forced to grow up.
I am back again (is super busy!! D:), this time with something random!
Cleopatra the Hipster
A quick sketch of 33 mins. Cleopatra if she was still alive today.
I have not drawn for months so quick sketches are returning again!
*Cleans dust off tablet*
Stylised version: https://ysfaye.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/3d-leviati-final/
I started learning Zbrush a week plus ago. What better way to learn than creating a 3D model at the same time?
However, there are…
THINGS YOU WISH YOU KNEW BEFORE YOU STARTED MODELLING IN ZBRUSH:
- Zbrush is a 2.5D program not 3D so for any 3D users, forget anything you ever know about 3D interfaces (well, most of it) and start anew.
- For whatever reason, you decided to play with the UI and screwed it up, use this magic trick:
- Restore default interface -> Preferences -> Config -> Restore Standard UI
- In order to not render out jagged lines, Double your document size and render it in AAHalf. Smooth lines here I come.
- CNTRL+N, CNTRL+N, CNTRL+N! Remember this, it’s going to be one of the most used shortcut. It clears the canvas for progression.
- I’ll keep you posted.