Stylised version: https://ysfaye.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/3d-leviati-final/
I started learning Zbrush a week plus ago. What better way to learn than creating a 3D model at the same time?
However, there are…
THINGS YOU WISH YOU KNEW BEFORE YOU STARTED MODELLING IN ZBRUSH:
- Zbrush is a 2.5D program not 3D so for any 3D users, forget anything you ever know about 3D interfaces (well, most of it) and start anew.
- For whatever reason, you decided to play with the UI and screwed it up, use this magic trick:
- Restore default interface -> Preferences -> Config -> Restore Standard UI
- In order to not render out jagged lines, Double your document size and render it in AAHalf. Smooth lines here I come.
- CNTRL+N, CNTRL+N, CNTRL+N! Remember this, it’s going to be one of the most used shortcut. It clears the canvas for progression.
- I’ll keep you posted.
Leviati 3D Dragon
Remember the dragon I designed last year? I stopped midway but decided to finish it yesterday. Leviati is a proud and mighty dragon species.
WIPs can be found here:
Character Design/ Sketch
I am quite tired and my internet connection isn’t good today so I’ll make the description of this dragon brief.
Leviati is a hybrid between a drake, lightning dragon and dragonling. It lives high up on mountaintops inside caverns and loves to eat foxes. A graceful and intelligent creature, Leviati rarely attacks anyone unless provoked. It’s breath consists of acid and electricity.
To be continued..
This is my new character design for a 3D dragon that I have wanted to create. After some researching, asking and getting feedback from people, I have decided to create a new model from scratch for this design. I recently resumed working on this new model and the following images are the early stages:
More to come! A description of this creature will be included in the next post.